Announcement of the Office of General Affairs at NCTU2019/05/17
- Contact Person : LI-YUAM SHEN
- Tel : 31480
Announcement of the Office of General Affairs at NCTU
May 17, 2019
The period from May to June each year is the monsoon season in Taiwan. During this period of time, in terms of climate, Taiwan is affected by an average of 4 to 5 monsoon fronts, and the chance of rainfall is especially high from mid-May to mid-June, which may lead to extremely heavy rain. In such cases, all areas of the university premise should be prepared for strong winds and heavy rains as early as possible, so as to maintain the safety of the buildings and personnel.
Preventive measures to avoid the risks of heavy rains are as follows. Please cooperate.
1. In case of heavy rains, parking under trees should be avoided, so as to prevent the trees from toppling and crushing vehicles. Please park your car in a safe spot or an indoor parking lot. (Property insurance companies have stopped providing employer’s liability insurance that covers non-activity public liability insurance. Starting from April 2016, the personal safety and financial losses of the faculty and staff of the university are no longer covered by the university’s public liability insurance policy. We urge teachers and students to pay closer attention, since accidents and property losses caused by the rainy season is no longer available for compensation provided by the public liability insurance. The relevant information is detailed in the latest announcement of the Division of Property Management: http://www.ga.nctu.edu.tw/property-division/news/v-Yz4ld).
2. Please close the doors and windows in public areas, classrooms, research rooms, laboratories, and offices.
3. Please clean up the rooftop and balcony of buildings and remove debris or leaves from the ditch around said buildings to prevent water from flowing into the building.
4. Please remove or reinforce items that are easily blown away (for example, potted plants outside windows and outdoor facilities).
5. Please check if there is any power outlet exposed or placed in areas easily touched by rain. Please remove dangerous power sources.
6. Please store water in water towers of each building in prevention of water outage.
7. Please inform the managers of the premises to keep their mobile phones reachable 24/7.
8. Emergency notification units during periods of heavy rains: Division of General Affairs (ext. 31480, Mr. Shen); Division of Construction and Maintenance (ext. 52058); Division of Campus Security (ext. 31318, Mr. Huang); Office of Military Training (03-5131339, Military Training Instructor on duty).